Five Ways To Save Money In Under A Minute
Want to take a vacation or are you trying to save to buy a new car? The old adage “a penny saved is a penny earned” holds true. You might not be able to save $100 every day, but you can save a significant amount of money in your daily life if you try! Here are five ways to save money that take a minute or less to do.
1. Look for coupons online. Most companies offer online coupons, from Target to restaurants and more. Spend 30 seconds looking online to see if there are any coupons you can use. The other day I saved $9 on a pizza, with a 50% off coupon online!
2. Make a grocery list. It’s 5 o’clock, you just got off work and you’re hungry. You take a jaunt down to the grocery store and start piling items into the cart that look good. Don’t worry, it happens to everyone. Next time, take a minute to make a grocery list BEFORE you go to the grocery store, and then stick to that list. You will end up buying only what you need, and not everything that looks good.
3. Install LED light bulbs. Yes, LED light bulbs are more expensive than regular light bulbs. However, they use far less energy and generally last longer than regular light bulbs, which saves you money.
4. Cancel unread magazines. Do you get two or three different magazines in the mail and you throw them on the coffee table, but never read them? Take a minute to call and cancel those subscriptions. Most of the time you can even cancel them online.
5. Air up your tires. Not having enough air in the tires of your vehicle is costing you gas mileage. It could be as much as 5%! Calculate how much 5% of your yearly gas bill is. Significant, right?
BONUS: Call the cable company to lower your bill.
I didn’t include this in the list of five because it will take longer than a minute, but you can generally lower the rate of your cable and internet packages just by calling your provider. Do your homework ahead of time and find out what type of deals their competitors are offering. Cable providers HATE losing customers, and will do anything they can to keep your business.